Tuesday 12 December 2017

Stampin Up Colourful Seasons Card



Watch the tutorial by clicking above :-)

Hi and thank you for joining me today on 'Treat Tuesday' - the treat is it is not a Christmas project lol!

It seems like I have been doing Christmas things forever!

I was lucky enough to get this stamp set as a reward from my Upline Caroline (Crafty Caroline Creates) - I recently promoted in Stampin Up and was allowed to make a choice of a stamp set. I had had my eye on this set ever since the catalogue came out but just like everyone I have a budget and tis set always seemed to fall outside that budget each month. It came as part of a bundle so I was not just looking at the set but the whole bundle.  So I chose the stamps and bought the dies myself.

This set is very versatile, it has stamps to suit all seasons and all occasions, I could see the potential not only in all the cards I could make but also for scrapbooking and gift wrap. Also with the loss of the Petite Petals if give a flower and die to add little flowers to projects easily. I love the branch and have already used this as the snowman arms in another project and plan on using them as antlers for Rudolf. The scallop edge would be lovely in a card or scrapbook edge.

You can see how many amazing stamps you get in this set found on page 147 in the Annual Catalogue.

As you can see there are both matching dies and coordinating dies that add extra embellishments to your card or scrapbook page. 

There is a bundle offer that gives you a 10% discount if both the stamp set and die set are bought together. 

Here are some cards that use the dies and stamps together. 

Click here for the bundle!


Click here for the stamp set!

Click here for the stamp set!


To make this card I cut the layers as below - these are my standard way of cutting layers and they give 1/8th border all round.

I used some Extra Thick Whisper White as my base - A4 cut in half and scored in half, this makes a C6 card 5 7/8th x 4 1/8th
I cut a mat in Powder Pink card stock just 1/4" smaller on each side - 5 5/8th x 3 7/8th
I cut some standard Whisper White 1/4" small on each side again -  5 3/8th x 3 5/8th





I stamped the Thank You from the Daisy Delight stamp set, then I stamped the 2 step branch and flowers from the Colourful Seasons stamp set. Using Soft Sued for the branch and Powder Pink for the flowers. I stamped some of the small flowers onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock and cut them out using the matching dies.  I also cut some flowers in the Powder Pink card stock. There were then stuck onto the card to give dimension and added pop. 

I hope you liked this project, easily changed from this soft subtle card to a bold statement crd by changing the colours. Berry Burst would look lovely as well. 

Until next time, bye!

Gez xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment