Tuesday 3 October 2017

Vintage Tulip Card using New Stampin Up hostess sets




I love this card, I made it for a Pootles team card swap and it has proved popular on YouTube and I realised today that I never blogged it! Oh dear - better late than never!

To make this card I used:
A standard card base from Extra Thick Whisper White cardstock 5 7/8th x 4 1/8th
A mat in  Crumb Cake  cardstock 3 x 4 1/8th
A mat in Whisper White yardstick 1/4 inch smaller on both sides 2 3/4 x 3 7/8th
A Delicate Doilies - 1 cut in half
3 pearls
Background Bits hostess stamp set
Tranquil Tulips hostess stamp set
Timeless Textures
Inks I used were - Crumb Cake - Smokey Slate - Sahara Sand - Powder Pink - Lemon Lime Twist

I started by using Smoky Slate with the words stamp and stamped the top and bottom section of the card blank - you will not see the middle section so no need to stamp on that.





Then I used Powder Pink and the rectangle lacy stamp and stamped a stripe through the text on both sections.




Then I used the long border stamp and stamped in Sahara Sand over the Powder Pink  stripe.




Then I used the fancy flour de lis stamp from Timeless Textures and stamped in Lemon Lime Twist, but I wanted it really subtle so I stamped off twice before I stamped on the card. one was then stamped in each corner.





Then I stamped the tulips on the Whisper White mat - I did this first in Powder Pink





Then I went over the Pink in Crumb Cake to give it that faded vintage look.





I then stamped the stems in Lemon Lime Twist, but stamped off once so the colour was not so strong.






Then I once again stamped over the stems in Crumb Cake.




I then stamped the sentiment in Crumb Cake.





I then sponged the mat using Crumb Cake to give it the full vintage affect.





I did the same with the card base and the Crumb Cake mat.




Then I also aged the doilies with the Crumb Cake in the same way using a sponge.



I used Tombow to assemble the card and finished off with 3 pearls.




Hope you like this - let me know what you think and of you do it yourself I would love to see your cards so please share your pictures with me. Thank you Gez x

To purchase any items please visit my shop!

To join my team click here!


No comments:

Post a Comment